With the help of technology, teachers can feel confident students will master the basic content and skills they need, freeing them up to focus on higher order skills like critical thinking, communication and collaboration. They can monitor student progress data regularly, and use that information to group students according to their needs and plan more effective instruction for those groups.
Education Elements works with schools to incorporate teachers’ needs into the blended learning school model right from the beginning, and to ensure that teachers understand how blended learning will fit into their planning and instruction. This includes frequent student assessments, regular reviews of data (at least weekly), and subsequent rebalancing of student groups based on progress and needs.
Education Elements’ Hybrid Learning Management System was designed to make teachers’ work more efficient and effective:
- Designed around student groups and subjects – not classes and grade levels – so teachers can work with smaller groups of students and help them progress at their own pace
- Review progress by student, group, and standard and plan future instruction accordingly
- Ability to add your own assessments to those offered by content providers
- Integrated gradebook makes it easy to get a holistic view of student progress
- Smart recommendations for supplemental content based on student needs identified by teachers or technology, and suggestions for when and how to rebalance student groups